Creation of the Angels: We believe that they were created with a free will, and that those who rebelled against God their Creator have been confirmed in their rebellion never to be saved and condemned to the eternal Lake of Fire. Colossians 1:16; Ezekiel 28:13-14; Job 38:4-7
Present ministry of the angels:
- We believe the angels have served in the past and will serve in the future as messengers for God.
- We believe that the angels presently have a ministry in heaven worshiping before the throne of God: Psalm 148:1-2; Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8
Satan: We believe that the origin of Satan is the same as that of the angels, since Satan is a fallen angel: Genesis 3; Job 1, 2; Isaiah 14; Ezekiel 28; Daniel 10; Matthew 3; Ephesians 6; Revelation 12; Revelation 20
- He possesses a wealth of knowledge, power, and beauty beyond humanity: Ezekiel 28
- He is well practiced: Isaiah 14; I Peter 5:8
- He is well organized as a king over a mighty army: Ephesians 2:2; 6:11-12
- His quarry has a fallen body and mind: Romans 1-3
- He was created by God in perfection yet chose to rebel against Him:
- He is on a leash.
- His existence is ultimately for the praise and glory of God:
- All believers have been equipped through Christ to overcome him:
- All believers stand in the position of ultimate triumph through their position in Christ:
- He deceives by means of lies that resemble the truth: II Corinthians 4:4
- He distracts by means of allurement, the world: money, pleasure, power, intrigue: Revelation 3:17
- He causes division in the body of Christ through the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.
- His defeat is already secured in the cross: Psalm 68:17-21; Colossians 2:13-15; Ephesians 4:7-8
- His defeat will be final: Revelation 20:10; Isaiah 14:13-14
- We believe that the origin of demons is the same as the angels, since demons are fallen angels.
- We believe that demons currently serve Satan to hinder the working of God on this earth.
- They have the ability only to oppress the believer but not posses
- They have the ability to posses the unbeliever. Gospels-Acts
- Christ alone has the power to cast demons out, for they are under His authority: Luke 8:26-35; I John 4:4; Matthew 17:21
- During the time of Christ’s earthly ministry and the apostolic age, Christ delegated authority to the apostles to cast out demons in His name. We do not believe that He has given us that kind of authority, but we can pray to God to have mercy upon someone who is possessed and ask Him to command them to leave that individual.