General revelation: God’s work of personal revelation through His creation. Through natural revelation God reveals Himself as the Creator and Sovereign. Romans 1:18-20; Psalm 19:1-11; Romans 2:14,15
- Benefits: God uses this aspect of revelation to draw men to His special revelation. This revelation alone leaves all men without excuse before God as Judge.
- Limitations: While this reveals to mankind God’s existence, power, and glory, it alone is not enough information to bring a man to saving faith.
Special revelation: Special revelation instructs mankind on the specific details of the character of God. Through this revelation, God is able to draw man into a saving relationship with Himself and will meet his needs within that relationship. This revelation of God is sufficient for all faith and practice.
Trinity: We believe in one eternal God existing in three distinct co-equal and co-eternal persons as a perfect unity: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, as taught in both the Old and New Testaments. All three persons of the Godhead were active and responsible for the creation of the universe. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-7; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1; II Corinthians 13:14; I John 5:7
Perfections: We believe that perfections of God always work together in perfect harmony.
- Transcendent- He is above His creation. Isaiah 57:15
- Immanent- He is active in the affairs of His creation. Ephesians 4:6
- Eternal- He has no beginning or end. Psalm 90:2
- Infinite- He is not limited to space. Isaiah 55:8,9
- Immutable- He does not change. Malachi 3:6
- Omniscient- He is all-knowing. Psalm 147:5
- Omnipotent- He is all-powerful. Revelation 19:16
- Omnipresent- He is all-present. Psalm 139:7-10
- Sovereign- He governs His creation according to perfect wisdom and power. I Chronicles 29:11-12
- Holy- He is in another realm distinct and separated from sin. I Peter 1:16
- Just- He carries out requirements of His laws faithfully. Deuteronomy 32:3-4
- Righteous- God always does what is right. II Timothy 4:8
- Love- He is moved by His love to reach down to His creation. John 3:16
- Mercy- He withholds wrath from those who deserve it. Micah 7:18
- Grace- God extends favor to those deserving His wrath. Ephesians 2:8
- Good- God deals bountifully with His creation. Psalm 145:9
- Truth- God cannot lie. Numbers 23:19